Become King Of Hell

How can I start in "Hacking" ?

marlboro181

Hellcoins
♆16
hey guys, i have a passion for computers and like to sit in front of them and watch videos, play games or other things. I am very interested in Kali Linux and hacking in general for a long time.
But since the field is so big, I don't even know where to start. I guess learning some commands in Linux and how the internet works would be a start. Then maybe try some easy machines at Hackthebox with the help of a walkthrough from a Youtube video.
What do you think? Does that sound like a plan or am I completely wrong ?

Regards,
Marlboro

MalwareGod

Staff member
Hellcoins
♆675
When it comes to hacking, the first step is to choose a sector. This decision cannot be made randomly. There are fundamental skills applicable across all hacking sectors, but you must select one area to focus on and become proficient in. There are many sectors within the hacking field, and it's essential to specialize in one.

If you visit the hacking tutorials on HelloHackers, you'll notice that they list almost every sector. There is a lot to study, but starting with Kali Linux is a good foundation. Being familiar with the CLI is great progress.

Next, you need to choose a programming language. Begin with a scripting language like Python, which is basic and easy to learn. After that, you should learn a low-level programming language. C++ is a good choice, but consider transitioning to Rust as it is becoming more popular than C++.

Networking knowledge is also crucial as it applies to every sector of hacking. Once you have a solid understanding of networking, you can delve into specific hacking topics. Choose a sector that interests you, such as malware analysis, malware development, bug hunting, penetration testing, cloud security, or SOC analysis. Pursue relevant certifications, as they will be important for securing a job in the future. Remember, it's not just about continuous learning; it's also about applying your knowledge and gaining practical experience.